May 13, 2011

April Flowers bring May flowers…Bring the iPad II???

So, several months into getting comfortable with my iPad I get the news that I am will be turning it in for its thinner, sleeker, newer cousin. This switch has me wondering several things –
- What is the difference?
- Is it really better?
- How can I make its updates features work for me?

The fact that it has a camera is a definitely a huge plus in my world. I am a big believer in documenting my students in action. I have always found that they like to see their hard work on bulletin boards and I like the ability to display it for them. The iPad II should stream line that process.

But the students and my interaction with them is a small role compared to my work with the teachers and the fact that I will have the ability to document their work is even more exciting to me. I can’t think of a better way of publicly commending the great things that are happening in our school then through the use of the iPad II. Whether it remains a strictly digital display or we combine it with printed work, the fact that we can have it readily available is an invaluable tool. Even better, we will be able to have a quick pictorial of our successes for years to come.

I am also excited about being able to quickly record something great that is happening in the classrooms and around the school.

So with little time left in the school year my plan for the iPad II is to document as much as I can and begin that picture library.

I can’t help but think about the ways in which Sir Ken Robinson said we need to look at education differently, and I do believe we are with the use of the iPads. We are moving our students to a place in which they are thinking outside the box and working with tools and resources that will give them the opportunity to be leaps and bounds above their peers. The iPad II is only going to enhance that experience. As for the idea if it is really better - that will be in my next post!!!!

3 comments:

  1. What if you lost all your contacts, messages, notes and photos on your iPad 3? iPad Data Recovery Software help you recover ipad data you lost due to any reason including music,videos,photos,sms messages, contacts and so on on Mac machine.

    Resource from
    http://photorecovery-formac.com/ipad-data-recovery.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. We know what it's like. It just slipped out of your hand and now your phone's screen has shattered. Luckily, you have a local friend that can replace your screen at a reasonable price!


    iPad Screen Replacement
    iPhone Screen Replacement
    Local iPad Screen Replacement
    Local iPhone Screen Replacement
    Local iPhone Screen Replacement
    Local iPad Screen Replacement
    iPad Screen Replacement

    ReplyDelete